Genzano di Roma

Located in the center of Genzano di Roma, it was the summer residence of the noble Cesarini, later Sforza Cesarini, lords of the town from the 16th to the 19th century. It features a Baroque facade, built between 1713 and 1730 to a design by architects Ludovico and Domenico Gregorini. Inside it holds valuable works of art, including the extensive Hager-Sportelli collection, and houses an exhibition of archaeological finds from the Antonini villa discovered in Genzano. It includes a vast romantic English-style park overlooking Lake Nemi, portrayed by many Grand Tour artists. Commissioned from architect Augusto Lanciani by Duke Lorenzo Sforza Cesarini for his wife Carolina Shirley, it features local and exotic plants, fountains, statues, and an artificial nymphaeum.

Openings and reservations:

Paid guided tours on weekends and holidays; special openings during cultural initiatives. For pre-established groups (minimum 15 visitors) and school groups, midweek tours can be arranged.

Winter hours: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm / 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm.

Summer hours 10:00 am – 1:00 pm / 3:30 pm – 7:30 pm.

Last guided tour: 1 hour before closing.

Reservation required: